It seems like a good way to start out the new school year is by remembering how last year ended. To that end, here are the minutes from the meeting this past June:
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – June 11, 2014 (pdf)
A few highlights:
- We elected a new co-president. Congratulations to Rafael Jimenez!
- After a great year of fundraising we approved a multi-item annual gift to the school that included: a set of 25 new iPads, a charging cart for all of the iPads, new parts for a problematic SMART Board. It was a great cap to all the effort everyone put in all year.
- We also voted to fund the purchase of a new refrigerator for the kitchen and a dance program for the 4th grade.
All the details are in the document above, and we’ll be posting some information for the upcoming school year shortly. We hope everyone has had a great summer!
Last meeting of the year. Election, annual gift, snacks, and just an absolute TON of people to thank for a great year. It’s an important discussion, and should be fun, so we really hope to see everyone there.
Brookdale HSA Meeting Agenda – June 11, 2014 (PDF)
The minutes from the May meeting are now available via the PDF link below. For those who missed the discussion, a few highlights of note:
- Principal Fleres reviewed the potential sections for next school year but indicated nothing is likely to be fully finalized until later in the summer.
- The group discussed options for the annual HSA gift, which will be voted on at the June meeting. The focus is on a fleet of iPads to be used in the classroom and new equipment for the lone suboptimal SMART Board in the building.
- An intro to our two candidates for HSA Co-President. They will present and the membership will vote at the June meeting as well.
Full minutes can be found here: BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – May 7, 2014 (PDF)
As always, if you have any questions please let us know.
As the school year draws to a close, Marlene will be stepping down as co-president of the HSA. It goes without saying that she will be sorely missed, and of course she will remain a huge part of our Brookdale community.
This change means that we are looking for someone to assume a co-president role within the HSA. Interested? If so, here’s what you need to know:
- The role is for two years starting in June and is open to current HSA members.
- Interested candidates should reach out to a Board member before May 1st.
- If more than one person is interested, we will hold an election during the June meeting.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact any member of the current board (Marlene, Mike, Monica, Jenn, Nicole). We will provide an update to everyone in advance of the May meeting.