In case you want to preview the packed agenda for tonight, you can check it out below. We have a lot to cover as a busy Spring is really getting rolling. Monte Carlo, Afterschool Program, HSA Elections and more… we’ll cover it all.
Brookdale HSA Meeting Agenda – Apr 15, 2015 (PDF)
Hope to see you at 7pm!
With the April meeting looming, now’s a good time to catch up on what happened in March. Minutes are posted below:
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – Mar 11, 2015 (PDF)
Any questions? Let us know or bring them to the April meeting tomorrow night!
We are all set for tonight’s HSA meeting. Below you’ll find a link to the agenda, which is packed with good discussions on:
- Details for the upcoming Monte Carlo Night, which is set for April 18th
- Our potential participation in a town-wide flag football league
- A recap of Small World Day
- The next round of Spirit Wear sales
And of course great info from our Principal, faculty reps, and BoE rep. See below for more and we hope to see you there tonight.
Brookdale HSA Meeting Agenda – March 2015 (PDF)
If you missed our February meeting you can check out the full conversation via the minutes (posted below). We covered PARCC testing, parking issues, the huge success of the Calendar Raffle, the upcoming Monte Carlo Night and much more.
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – Feb 11, 2015 (PDF)
We hope to see everyone at the March meeting which is coming up Wednesday night (the 11th) at 7pm.
If you want to review the minutes from last month’s meeting, you’ve come the right place. Click the link below to check them out.
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – January 7, 2015 (PDF)
Any thoughts or questions? Feel free to call/e-mail anyone on the Board or bring them up at the meeting tonight. We hope to see you there.
Tomorrow’s monthly HSA meeting at 7PM, will be chock full of thank you’s and updates on a whole range of events and activities. From our Calendar Raffle to our new online Spirit Wear shop to our forthcoming Monte Carlo Casino Night – 2015 is shaping up to be a great year at Brookdale Elementary! Below is the agenda for tomorrow night. If you have any questions, comments or ideas to share, please drop us a line. We look forward to seeing you!
To tide everyone over until our next meeting in January, below are the minutes from the November get-together. Among many things we covered the Calendar Raffle (just launched a few days ago) and a few other fundraisers we are considering for this year.
Click the link for all the relevant notes. And as always, if you have any questions please let us know.
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – Nov 12, 2014 (PDF)
As we get ready for the November meeting — our last in 2014, by the way — here are the minutes from October.
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – Oct 8, 2014 (PDF)
Among the highlights were:
- The huge effort that Stanley Williams and his family put into the Innisbrook fundraiser. Read the minutes to see just how much they raised for the school.
- Approval for us to fund the replacement of 5 broken fans inside the school.
- The release of BrookdaleBuzz.com, a one-stop shop for all things Brookdale online
If you have any thoughts or questions please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Board. Agenda for the November meeting will be posted shortly.
We had our usual fantastic turnout for the first HSA meeting of the year. We recapped the summer and laid out some of our key goals for this year: improving our processes, making better use of technology, beating last year’s fundraising total, and getting as many of you involved as possible.
Read the full recap here: BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – Sept 12, 2014 (PDF)
Our next meeting is just around the corner this coming Wednesday, October 8th, at 7pm. We’ll meet in the library to, among other things:
- Give final approval to the budget
- Discuss the replacement of several fans within the school
- Review the successes of our first few events of the school year
- Get a series of important updates from the Principal
We hope to see you there!
It seems like a good way to start out the new school year is by remembering how last year ended. To that end, here are the minutes from the meeting this past June:
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – June 11, 2014 (pdf)
A few highlights:
- We elected a new co-president. Congratulations to Rafael Jimenez!
- After a great year of fundraising we approved a multi-item annual gift to the school that included: a set of 25 new iPads, a charging cart for all of the iPads, new parts for a problematic SMART Board. It was a great cap to all the effort everyone put in all year.
- We also voted to fund the purchase of a new refrigerator for the kitchen and a dance program for the 4th grade.
All the details are in the document above, and we’ll be posting some information for the upcoming school year shortly. We hope everyone has had a great summer!