As the school year draws to a close, Marlene will be stepping down as co-president of the HSA. It goes without saying that she will be sorely missed, and of course she will remain a huge part of our Brookdale community.
This change means that we are looking for someone to assume a co-president role within the HSA. Interested? If so, here’s what you need to know:
- The role is for two years starting in June and is open to current HSA members.
- Interested candidates should reach out to a Board member before May 1st.
- If more than one person is interested, we will hold an election during the June meeting.
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact any member of the current board (Marlene, Mike, Monica, Jenn, Nicole). We will provide an update to everyone in advance of the May meeting.
For those of you that missed the April meeting, here are three logistical things everyone should know:
- The Bloomfield Police Department will start ticketing unattended and illegally-parked vehicles during morning drop-off. We know it’s tough to manage drop-off at times but please do your best to follow the rules and keep everyone safe.
- Lates and absences are at an elevated level. Keep in mind that attendance is a component in our school’s rankings and Principal Fleres is hoping to see some improvement during the rest of the school year.
- The playground is closed after school until 3:45pm. This is a simple safety issue given the volume of kids on school grounds after dismissal. Once 3:45 comes, play away!
Full minutes from the meeting will be posted shortly. If you have any questions in the meantime please let us know.
The next HSA meeting will be Wednesday night at 8pm in the school library. We’re going with a different type of agenda this month, which you can check out here:
Brookdale HSA Meeting Agenda – Apr 9, 2014 (PDF)
See you tomorrow night!
Just two days until the next HSA meeting on Wednesday night, and here are the minutes from the March meeting:
BROOKDALE HSA Minutes – Mar 12, 2014 (PDF)
If you don’t get a chance to read them through, here are a few tidbits:
- Mrs. Jaffe won Brookdale’s 2013-14 Teacher of the Year Award. Congratulations! In other teacher news Mrs. Luca is officially out on maternity leave with Mrs. Orrei taking her place for the rest of the school year.
- The talent show, which was scheduled for April 4th is now set for this coming Friday, April 11th, at 7pm. Hope to see you there.
- We came upon some old, handwritten minutes from the Brookdale HSA that date back to 1937. Pretty amazing to see that we are part of something that has been around a LONG time.
Hope to see everyone on Wednesday night. We’ll get the agenda posted for the next meeting later today.